July 24, 2011

Project: Muskoka Bedroom

I've started to think about our cottage bedroom and have been getting my hands dirty with some minor projects for it lately. While we are trying to save all of our money for our first house purchase, I am attempting to reuse old furniture and items my parents have hanging around - many of which were already one step out the door and on their way to the dump!

Here is a little peak at one item I salvaged from my aunt and uncle who have a cottage next door. This turquoise number has started its transformation...



It is an old, dovetail joint tool box from Scandinavia that has been waiting patiently for a facelift. My dad's uncle gave him an almost exact match which was never painted and it looks beautiful in the cottage entry. I can't wait to see this one in our bedroom! You will have to come back and see how I plan to use it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would love to hear what YOU have to say....