March 23, 2011

Elbow Grease: One Dresser, Two Ways {Ikea Rast}

Do you know what I love? How many amazing design blogs there are out there, waiting for me to discover them and be inspired. I seriously CANNOT keep up with reading current favourites and finding new ones! It is really sad because I know I am missing out. 

Today, however, I did stumble on a great blog - and what makes today even better? The fact that I found this great blog through an amazing DIY furniture makeover. Two scores!


On the left is the fabulous Dorothy Draper style dresser by Vancouver blogger Nancy from Marcus Design (the blog I just found), and on the right is the equally remarkable two-tone dresser created by Toronto blogger Lindsay from Aubrey + Lindsay (who copied the Rast dresser she saw in Style at Home magazine). I would honestly love to recreate both of these dressers, just need to find the right room for both of them!! It seems that Canadian girls are really stealing the show when it comes to Ikea Rast makeovers - these are stunners and look pricy! Who knew a  $30 DOLLAR DRESSER, with a little elbow grease, could look so good!?

Can you believe they started like this?
And don't they look exactly like their $$$ counterparts?! I am in love.

{via & via}

For full step-by-step details on how these ladies went about their makeovers, check out Marcus Design and Aubrey + Lindsay. They have many other great projects too!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Saara thank you so much for the feature!! This is so kind, and I am happy that you have led me to your blog too :) I love what Aubrey + Lindsay did, their table is so contemporary chic!
    Nancy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy - you're very welcome! I love your tables and your blog! Very glad I found it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would love to hear what YOU have to say....