January 14, 2011

The BIG 3-0

The BIG 3-0 happened a week ago! I've never been one to care about age, but I have to admit that the day I turned 30 I actually did feel a bit anxious. You turn 20 and while it's a huge decade for growing up, no one really expects you to get your act together and stop having way too much fun with your friends. Well, I hit 30 and suddenly felt like I had to mature, and FAST! By the end of this decade I feel like I'm expected to be fully responsible, doing well financially, chasing a few kiddies around, and only be adorned in fancy, grown-up clothes - this last part especially daunting as I currently live in leggings. :)

On to the fun stuff! I had a Christmas and birthday list which was long, and I never thought would be completed. BUT I was very spoiled this year and pretty much got everything my heart desired, and more. Here are the things I received from my parents, in-laws and hubby which I think are classic, well designed products and will no doubt help lead me into the next, mature sophisticated, phase of my life...


1. Hunter rain boots in Aubergine 
I have wanted these forever but it doesn't really rain where I live so I couldn't justify them until now. A slightly frivolous item but you need one of those for your 30th! I am loving the deep purple because it looks black from a distance but is a little more unique. This colour also goes with everything - black, grey, green, brown, khaki, you name it.

2. Marc by Marc Jacobs Suki watch
Another item I've wanted for some time. I love the gold and the shape can go either casual or dressy, perfect for work or play. Now I'll just have to save my pennies for a stainless & rose gold watch, those are new on my radar.

3. Missoni scarf
Love the classic Missoni flame/zig zag. It will easily turn a plain work outfit into something fabulous, and the colour combination is amazing.

4. Le Creuset oval oven
This enameled cast iron oven cooks so well, I'm not sure how I've ever lived without it. The white (Dune) colour looks great with my two sets of dishes and serving pieces, and it doesn't compete visually with the delicious food inside. I've already made a hunk of beef tenderloin and chunky stew in this and it is worth every dollar!

I'm nine days into my 30s, and so far, life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would love to hear what YOU have to say....