January 25, 2011

Colour & Pattern & Texture, Oh My!

 I've been thinking a lot about who my favourite designers are, and as a result I'm going to try and come up with a short list to feature on this blog over the next few weeks. This brings me to the fabulous
images below - Charleston home of the super-talented Angie Hranowsky

Definitely one of my current favourites, Hranowsky is a master at mixing beautiful and colourful textiles with layers of differing textures - all the while combining sleek and modern architecture and furnishings with aged, vintage finds. I have seriously NEVER seen a room by this design-genius that I don't adore.

{All photos via}

In every room slick and shiny surfaces (polished marble, sparkling chrome & translucent glass) are perfectly complimented with rough and nubbly counterparts (scratchy grasscloth, brittle caning & pitted ceramics). The furnishings and textiles are also a delicious combination of opposites - old and new, minimal and intricate.


My favourite parts of the living room are the substantial gallery wall, mix of mid-century mod and caned chairs, custom fretwork dividing wall, and of course, the plentiful pattern!



While the kitchen with its vintage lucite stools is gorgeous, it is a bit sleeker than I would choose for my own home. I would take the den, however, as it is the perfect spot to curl up with family and I happen to love its mildly Moroccan vibe.


So, don't you agree?! Hranowsky can work colour, pattern & texture, no?! I would love to meet her one day. And I would love to sleep (and have my daughter sleep) in a bedroom like these one day too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would love to hear what YOU have to say....