January 27, 2011

Elbow Grease: Cabinet & Mirror Makeover

I originally posted about this project over at GEORGE Interior Design last year, but I am adding it here too as the first addition to my "elbow grease", aka DIY, category. Still haven't revealed the zany colour of the cabinet post makeover! Got to get on that!

*********************************************************

I've got two DIY projects waiting for me in my storage unit. I can't wait to get my hands on these!

I've been wanting to swap out our current, college-esque TV stand and last month I found a cabinet PERFECT for hiding our TV. It has doors to conceal the ugly flatscreen, not to mention a shelf that holds the receivers up high where my baby can't reach the DVD eject button (Open, close. Open, close.) Due to our non-existant budget, I searched Craigslist to find it...


We bought this unused, Pier 1 Imports cabinet for $80! I know it isn't the best quality around, but I think it was a pretty good deal...


We have a rug with a mix of persimmon, gold and blue-grey so I'm planning to paint it a high-gloss color something similar to this...


And these are the pulls I'm ordering. I like how they work with the gold nail head detail of my new sofa, but have a hint of black too...
After envisioning my new cabinet, I stumbled on this photo in Lonny. I'm liking the combo!


* * *

I also found some crazy mirrors at a garage sale. This pair was only $20, which is an amazing deal for mirrors! I really love the shape and think they will be great behind our bedside tables...


{Don't mind me in my yoga attire...}


As of now, the plan is paint them blue-grey in a flat finish...

Stay tuned for results! I always get worried about my painting technique and concealing brushstrokes - wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would love to hear what YOU have to say....